Friday, February 8, 2013

Doing Something Every Day

Adoptions take time, home studies take time.  When I look at everything that will need to be done to prepare our dossier I freak out a little.  But then I remind myself that other people have done this, some more than once!  I just have to take it one step at a time.  My goal is to do at least one thing each day  to facilitate the adoption.  Right now my paperwork has all been submitted for our home study.  The next step is the 4 home visits. 

To prepare for the home safety check I have ordered and received 3 carbon monoxide and 1 smoke detector, an ammo safe and a gun safe.  I also purchased child locks, a child gate and fire extinguishers.   Now we need to get them installed!  This week and last I worked on tidying and organizing my bedroom and the little girls bedroom.  I know, probably the easiest rooms, but they will stay that way the longest too.  We submit photos of our home and where she will sleep with the dossier, so I was keeping that in mind.  It worked to my advantage as the worker in Priscilla's country requested those photos now!

I've made a list of what I hope to do in each room, and the children are helping here and there too.  The boy's bedroom is next, but since half my family is down with the flu, it might be a few days before we get to that room.

I'm also working on a few things for the dossier/adoption requirements - earning educational credits (online courses about adoption, bonding, medical issues and more), finding someone to do our psychiatric evaluations, finding out how to get a second set of fingerprints cleared,  and getting passports.

Today I received in the mail our first set of apostilled documents!  I will be sending those to Priscilla's country as soon as I find out where to send them!

On a bright note, we have received $35 in our Reece's Rainbow FSP grant, andpok several of our, A Seventh Sister Facebook Auctions now have bids!

I am blogging from my tablet which means all photos are posted at the end of the pat, sorry about that

No comments:

Post a Comment