Thursday, February 21, 2013

Busy, Busy, Busy Plus Butter Braids!

Wow - It's been a whole week since I gave any updates!  You know what that means....that means I am no longer sick and I'm been a very busy mommy once again!

Last Saturday I spent the bulk of my time doing a deep cleaning in my bedroom suite and in the little girl's bedroom.  I also did some rearranging in order to move Carese into the little girls room and out of mine (she cries really loud).  We've now been in our "new" home for 5 years, well as of the second weekend in March!  Nooks and crannies are showing the accumulation of 5 years with many people living in our home. Last year I wasn't able to do any spring cleaning due to Carese's birth and my knee injury.  Fall cleaning didn't happen either due to my knee issues and the start of home schooling.

Yesterday I was blessed with the opportunity to get a "like new" high quality glider rocker to put in the little girls' room. When Esther wakes up at night, she's too heavy for me to carry into my bedroom and to my swivel rocker, plus the swivel rocker is so low that it's really hard to get up out of it with 40 plus pounds of limpness!  I've been sitting on a metal folding chair when I have to rock her at night, causing me to get chilled and acquire assorted muscle stiffness/pain. But no more! Last night Esther needed to be rocked during the night (and I was able to nurse/rock Carese to sleep too!), and it was such a joy - so comfortable!  I am sure it will be very helpful when Priscilla comes home too!

We were able to sell our weight set and exercise bike on Saturday and came up with nearly enough to pay for our passport application fee, and with out tax return arrival and a cash discount on a dentist bill I had enough to send in our FBI background check/fingerprints that we will need for our dossier!  I have filled out the passport application paperwork.  I just need to make photocopies of our birth certificates/marriage certificate and take our passport photos!  Daryl and I hope to go in to submit our application early next week!  Don't you just love the warm fuzzies you get from passport photos! No smiles allowed!

We had had some wonderful additions to our Facebook Auctions.  I've been knitting and crocheting as well.  Friends have also been donating to our hand made items, and some of them are way too cute!

One of the nicest thing donated was five copies of the movie "Rescued" which is about the call of God for Christians to care for orphans, especially through adoption.  This is a wonderful testimony of families who have rescued orphans from both our foster care system as well as international adoption.  Caring for orphans, especially adopting them, is the ultimate pro-life statement, as you have heard me say on my other blog - 11blessings.blogspot.com.

I just heard from the social worker, Rebecca, who will be conducting our home study visits and our first home inspection/visit on Monday!  We are working hard to complete the last of the home projects.  To date we have installed all the carbon monoxide detectors and smoke detectors, and gun safe and the ammo safe, fire extinguishes are in place, we have condensed all our medicines into one locked cupboard and created a lock drawer of first aide supplies (including a new first aide kit and some new supplies that we were lacking).

Today Rachel and I tacked the hallway, and a group effort was made at the bathrooms.  Man, did we ever have some serious cobwebs happening around here!  I remember we took care of those nasty things last fall, but they had made quite the comeback!

Saturday Daryl and I are attending an adoption workshop on attachment and healing issues in adoption.  I am looking forward to this, and the opportunity to meet other adoptive families in our area.

Here's another photo I have of Priscilla.  Her right hand is not something she likes  to used, it mostly just hangs around in a fist.  I have seen her move it around in videos, but never grabbing or holding anything.  As you can see, she can not sit independently.  Esther at her age was walking.  I think she's a little overwhelmed in this photo, as I think this bright, cheery therapy style room is not one that she is in normally, but it was just used for the photo shoot.

Last week I worked to complete some of the education requirements for our adoption agency.  We have to complete 10 hours of education, and it's recommended that we do more.  I have complete 3 of the required 5 courses so far.  It is really fascinating!


And last, but not least, I have just begun a fundraiser selling Butter Braid Frozen Pasty Dough.  If you live here locally here's the "scoop!"  We will be taking orders for these through March 8.  This will ensure that they are delivered/available for pick up before Easter!  The loaves are $12 ea, and they come frozen.

You thaw them, allow them to rise, pop them in your oven.  Drizzle the frosting that comes with the loaf over the top and you have a quick, delicious snack/dessert.  Great to keep on hand for unexpected company or for adding to a meal that you are taking to a new mom or a family in need!

There are 9 flavors - Apple, Bavarian Creme, Blueberry Cream, Cherry, Cinnamon, Cream Cheese, Raspberry, Strawberry/Cream Cheese,  and Caramel Rolls!

Email me if you are interested in ordering!











1 comment:

  1. The pastries looks very yummy! If I live in MN, how can I order? Also I think good fundraising site is: groupraise.com
    God bless you!

    ReplyDelete