Thursday, December 12, 2013

I thought the paperwork was done...

Just when I thought we had finished all paperwork.....a judge on the other side of the planet has to shake things up.  One of the six judges in Christy's country has consistently required updated/less then 6 months old FBI background checks.  For families who got this judge, this meant a delay of weeks or months.  So to avoid this problem, all families are now required to get this done, just in case.

So today Daryl and I got our fingerprints taken at the  sherrif's office, and tomorrow I'll.start the process of getting the background checks going.  This will also require getting them apostilled in Washington DC.   More hassle amd more expense....but in the end everything is worth it to bring Christy home.

I am hoping to hear any day that our second stage dossier has been submitted.....

No comments:

Post a Comment